Code of Conduct
REDFISH SWIM TEAM CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
Redfish Swim Team ZERO Tolerance Policy
Redfish Swim Team has a zero tolerance policy for all families, swimmers and guests. This policy is in effect at all swimming facilities and events that Redfish participate. All swimmers, families and guests are expected to observe the Zero Tolerance Policy, which prohibits: Verbal assaults or attacks, Violence-Physical or Verbal, Incessant badgering or harassment of the coaches, inappropriate conduct or rude behavior to anyone. If any person/persons above demonstrate one or more of the above at any Redfish’ practice, meet or event that person/persons will be asked to leave the team immediately. There will be no refund. The Rules and Conduct Committee will review all questions or concerns regarding the above policy. The Rules and Conduct Committee consist of the Board of Directors and one Lead Volunteer.
As a parent or family member of a swimmer on the Redfish Swim Team, I will abide by the following guidelines:
- Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers and coaches by supporting the values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
- I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) that interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
- Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role.
- Swimmers – Swim
- Coaches – Coach
- Officials – Officiate
- Parents – Parent
- I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials and/or any participating swimmer will not be permitted or tolerated and will result in being asked to leave the team.
- Enjoy supporting the Redfish Swim Team by volunteering and positively reinforcing the swimmers, coaches, officials and board members.
- During practices and meets all questions or concerns regarding decisions of coaches or officials are directed to a member of the coaching staff by email.
- I understand that my volunteer efforts are an integral part of the success of the team and I will complete my volunteer responsibilities.
SANCTIONS: Should I conduct myself in such a manner that brings discredit or discord to the Redfish Swim Team, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. A copy of this will be provided in your orientation packet.